Saturday, March 5, 2011

Family Photo Tree

As I mentioned in my last post, Brandon and I live a few hours away from our parents. I wanted cool way to hang up pictures of all our family members without Emmalin's room looking like an old lady's hallway.  I love trees so this idea was perfect and fit in so well with the owl theme I planned to do (and was a super cheap way to decorate).

For starters I bought some sidewalk chalk and penciled out a tree. Don't worry if you think you're not good at drawing... the chalk erases easily with a washcloth.  Draw some semi straight lines and you've got it!  Next I painted in the outline with some cheap white acrylic paint.





I found some cheap white frames at the Target "dollar spot" and some cute ribbon at Hobby Lobby.  I stapled the ribbon onto the back of each frame and 'hung' the pictures on the branches.



Next Post: Nursery Bedding
Favorite Product today : Jeep Stroller Frame

2 comments: