Monday, March 28, 2011

Nursery Bedding

Hello again!  My new goal is to blog every Monday so check back weekly to make sure I'm not slacking on the job. :)
As far as nursery bedding goes, they do have some really cute ones in the store but they all looked alike for the most part. Girl bedding was super girlie and super expensive for the most part. I wanted something girlie but not so girlie that Brandon would feel awkward in Emmi's room. To save money and get bedding that actually matched my owl theme I decided to make it.
I found some great owl fabric  and the coordinating pink and chartreuse at Joann's (check their website for a 40% off coupon). After stitching together the front panels I stitched on the brown and white owl outline and stitched on some felt wings and facial features. Finally, I added some quilt batting and a pink backing.


Favorite thing: Bright Starts Swing

Until next Monday!

1 comment: