Monday, April 11, 2011

Shower Gifts

Being a new mom, I constantly get asked "My friend is about to have a baby. What would be a good shower gift?"  Usually I'm caught off guard by the question and can only think to say "Diapers."  So, here's a list of great shower gifts I wish I would have remembered to say.

1.) Safety 1st Diaper Pail -  It's cheap. Great at containing the used diaper smell AND unlike the Diaper Genie, you can use any regular trash bag.
2)  Olivia the Owl-  Emmalin loves this toy.
3) Graco Snugride Infant Car Seat-Zoey-  I love this car seat. It's fairly light, super cute and it's very easy to find the additional matching black base (if you need a second one). The fabric comes off too for those unfortunate moments that require a good washing afterward.
4) JJ Cole Mode Tote- I get a lot of compliments on this bag. It's a great size and easy to wipe off. There's a lot of different styles too if you don't necessarily want pink.
5) Summer Infant Slumbersack - Emmalin decided she didn't like to be swaddled at about 3 weeks old. After reading all of the new SIDS research, I was scared to death to put blankets in the bassinet so I was really glad to find this sleep sack.
6) Boppy - I've used this thing everyday for 3 months. There are super cute covers for it too.

There are so many baby products out there so it's nice to have some insight before you buy. There are additional products listed at the bottom of my previous posts if you need more shower ideas.
Please leave me comments. I'd love to know what my reader's favorite products are.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment