Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm a terrible blogger :(

Ok so my goal of blogging every Monday didn't quite work out this week.  BUT now you'll have TWO blogs only three days apart.
Emmalin has been working on getting her first tooth this week, so needless to say it hasn't exactly been the most pleasant of weeks. In addition, I've found myself strangely addicted to reruns of Dr. Who and The Ghost Whisperer. (Side note... if I were ever a ghost on that show and Jennifer Love Hewitt paraphrased my last words to my loved ones before I disappeared into the light... I'd probably come back and haunt her again until she repeated me word for word.)  I did start a couple of projects this week though. They're still in the works so I don't have pictures for you yet, but  I do have pictures of a play-mat I worked on a couple of weeks ago. In the mean time I've decided to open a store on etsy.com, so if you really like an item on my blog maybe you'll find it in stock.

My husband has recently started a new eating plan and seems to be shrinking out of his jeans faster than I can buy them. A few of his older jeans were pretty worn at the bottom and not exactly prime candidates for  ebay resale.  SO I chopped off the legs and cut the denim into squares and stitched them together. You'll need enough squares of denim to make 2' x 3' quilt. ( I used a dark pair and a light pair of jeans for the contrast. ) I used a soft velvety fabric for the reverse side and a thin bit of padding.

For the pillow and toys I used a 2 inch foam and scrap fabric. (Notice the owl from the last project?)

Until next time!

Favorite Thing: Platex Drop-ins bottles

No comments:

Post a Comment